A high protein savoury pie that you can serve hot or cold. A great dish for lunch or a light dinner served with a fresh salad alongside.
500g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
2 zucchinis, grated
1 onion, diced
1 bunch dill, chopped
250g instant basmati OR brown rice
250g feta cheese, crumbled
6 sheets of filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a medium sized tart or quiche tin with spray oil.
- Steam cubed pumpkin in in the microwave or boil until pieces are soft and tender.
- Squeeze excess moisture out of zucchini.
- Add pumpkin, zucchini, dill, onion and beaten eggs to a mixing bowl.
- Stir through instant rice and the feta cheese. Season with black pepper.
- Using about 6 sheets of filo pastry, line the quiche tin so that all sides are well covered. Spray with olive oil in between layers of pastry. Use a fork and pierce holes all over the base of the pastry. Any overhanging filo can be trimmed later.
- Pour egg mixture into the filo lined tin. Using wet fingers, fold in excess filo to resemble a crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the egg is set and pumpkin is tender.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.